You might remember that I tweeted about having a butterbeer party and how I tried out a few different recipes before I found one that I was really happy with. [: I'm going to share it with you, so you can join in on the warm, autumny, harry potter sweetness.
2 Litres of Cream Soda
1 cup (or more!!) of Butterscotch Syrup. (try this)
A bit of Vanilla Ice Cream
Some Yellow Food Colouring.
This is actually a lot easier than you might think!
1. Pour the Butterscotch Syrup and 1 litre of Cream Soda into a cauldron (hehe!).
2. Heat on the stove until it forms a bit of a foamy top. The Syrup and Soda will mix nicely, keep stirring.
3. Keep stirring until it's a nice temperature (I heated mine on 4 out of 6). If you're not convinced of the colour, add some yellow (just a bit!).
4. Prepare glasses or bottles with some room temp Cream Soda about 1/3 full.
5. Pour some of your heated soda and syrup into each glass/bottle.
6. Taste this and if it's not quite right add a bit more syrup.
7. Scoop some ice cream thinly and place on the top of your glass/bottle to make it more foamy and creamy. [:
Some of my guests preferred to mix it all together to create a more creamy, constant, almost shake-like drink- which is equally as good. You can add scotch or brandy to give you a more house-elf-like-reaction to the drink if you like. [: It is also equally good to have just some soda and syrup cold, though it's not as 'warming' that way. I found that using the bottles were a bit tricky (especially to get the ice cream in, but fun) and only add the ice cream if you're going to drink it straight away- once it all cools down it goes a little funny, but if you want to make some beforehand, I recommend preparing it cold and maybe serving it like punch- straight out of the cauldron! :DThere are lots of different recipes and if you search google, you're bound to find different versions using butter and sauces. Have fun playing!
It truly is magical when you taste this sweet drink for the first time.
Let me know if you try and how it goes.