Today I spent the morning shooting some photo series D.I.Ys for my current Uni project- only to realise that yarn this thin won't really support t-shirt yarn when you try to weave it.
Still- that means you guys get a bonus!If you've ever wanted to know to to Warp a simple tapestry loom so that you get a natural shed- here is your answer!
1. You need a tapestry loom, warp thread, scissors.
2. Start by tieing the warp thread onto the loom.
3. Carry the ball at the back of the loom to the other side.
4. Bring it around to the front and carry it across
5. Pass it along behind again.
6. Bring it round to the front.
7. Repeat 3-6. Cut and loosely wrap around end.
9. Re-secure thread onto loom and test for firmness.
You should notice that the threads 'criss cross' so you get a natural shed on both sides.
These are pretty simple instructions- but that's how I warp my little loom up! Hope you are having a good Thursday. :] Kimxo