As promised- here is a peek into my pencil case/bag! I like to work with a lot of different media- so I found this really hard to write, actually! [: I decided to just show you my everyday supplies- like the things that always stay in my bag- the 'basics' if you will. I take these to all my lectures, meetings, outtings, classes, studio time etc.In my bag (minus keys, phone and DSLR)
1. Water bottle. I usually carry a snack with me too- in case I get faint.
2. Pencil case- This is getting very old now. I got it the first time I really explored London (2004??)
3. My Oyster/UAL cards. This gets me on the buses/tubes and also into college. Couldn't live without it!!
4. Wallet. Thrifted. :]
5. Pouch with extra lens. My friend Anna crocheted this pouch for me. <3
6. Masking tape.
7. Tissues, hair band, and pain killers. (Gotta be prepared!)
8. Watercolour packet.
9. Gloves for cold days/rides on Louie.
10. My two most trusty pens that are always clipped to the outside pocket of my bag.
11. Sketchbooks/Notebooks. Pictured here is my personal notebook, my blog book and my current project book.Here's a shot of the 'creative bits & what they look like in my bag....And below is what's inside of them!
-Crayons! I love the texture and easy application of these.
-Extra Memory card. (I usually have an extra battery too!)
-50mm Lens. I pretty much always carry this guy and my 18-55mm lens everywhere.
-Watercolour pencil crayons. Looooooove these! Newest obsession!!
-Little sharp scissors. They are called 'Cutter Bee' and are super super sharp. I like that they have a little protector & are light.
-Masking tape... Did I say that already? haha. Essential! Especially for in the Studio at college, for putting stuff up on the walls.
-Watercolour set! It's usually messier than this. haha. I use those squeezey tubes on paint just on top of the old little pot ones.
-Water brush pen! These things will blow your mind if you've never used them before. Seriously the best invention ever! It means that you don't have to carry around brushes and a pot of water with you- really handy for drawing out in the city or at galleries.
-Black Ink brush pen.
-White pen. (Perfect for writing over watercolour)
-Big graphite stick for workshops/quick drawings.
-A brown coloured pencil (double sided).
-Slightly thicker felt tip. Favourite.
-These super super fine tip ball points are really universial, and actually make my writing look neat sometimes. haha.
I know people are probably going to ask me which kinds of pens I use- like the brands, but my advice to you is to go to your local art shop & try out some. Everyone writes/draws differently and this is the biggest thing in liking a certain pen. There are really good quality pens out there that I personally don't like using because of how I hold my pen/how hard I press. haha.
But- I will say that the Brush Pens are awesome! They can be kind of expensive- and if you're using Ink in them- make sure it's waterbased ink or it can get very sticky/messy or not flow through properly. They are usually available at art supply stores or try online.
Well, I hope that was useful and interesting? I don't know. haha. I'm all about practicality. I've also had the same style of bag for ever. Also- just to say that I usually have some kind of knitting/crochet thing with me- but that totally depends on what I'm working on/where I'm going.
Love you <3